BUILDS: STANDARD FEATURES:
- WATERWAYS CURVED BACK FILLS FASTER
- TERRACES BREAKAWAY TONGUE
- PONDS DROP-IN CYLINDER PIN HOOK UP
- LEVIES SPLIT REAR AXLE FOR 1OR 2 CYLINDER OPERATIONS
- ROADS MOVABLE WHEELS & TONGUE FOR USE AS BOX SCRAPER
- DITCHES *** REVERSES TO PUSH
- SEDIMENT BASINS BEFORE YOU CALL A CONTRACTOR CALL US
- PLANTING BEDS KOSCIUSKO SWCD 574-267-7445 EXT 3
- TORN UP FIELDS
Use it to level, shape and grade. It is excellent for installing erosion control practices and landscaping. Many fields are in need of repair following high winds, and gushing rains. This Terra Plane is available for rent for $50.00 a day. You will need a tractor with hydraulics and will need a minimum of 30-40 horse power If you would like to schedule a time give us a call today at 574-267-7445, ext. 3.
You will need to sign a liability waiver form.
SAVES SOIL *SAVES TIME *SAVES $$$$$
SPAD METER – CHLOROPHYLL METER
Determining Nitrogen Fertilizer Sidedress Application Needs in CORN Using a Chlorophyll Meter
Balancing the amount of nitrogen (N) fertilizer needed for optimum corn yields with the potential threats of surface and ground water contamination by leaching of excessive soil nitrate levels has become a constant challenge for corn production. One strategy for reducing the threat of nitrate leaching from agricultural lands is to apply no more Nitrogen that the crop can use during the growing season. As a result, only minimal amounts of N will remain in the soil after harvest to be lost by leaching over winter.
That being said however, reducing the fertilizer nitrogen rates also increases the risk that Nitrogen loss during the early part of the growing season will lead to crop N deficiency and yield loss. If lower N fertilizer application rates are to be encouraged, farmers need tools or procedures that rapidly and inexpensively determine the N status of a growing crop, giving them the opportunity to apply additional N fertilizer if initial applications are insufficient.
Research has shown that chlorophyll meter readings can be used to determine that N status of corn late in the vegetative growth period. The meter allows for fast, non-destructive measurements of the relative greenness of the plant. Greenness is affected by a number of factors, one of which is the Nitrogen content of the leaf. During the latter part of the vegetative growth period, roughly the 10 leaf stage (v10) through pollination, relative greenness can be used to assess N sufficiency.
If you would like to use this Chlorophyll Meter come into the SWCD Office at 217 E. Bell Dr., Warsaw and fill out the proper paper work.
District Equipment/Liability Release- Chlorophyll Meter
You will be responsible for the following:
- To pick up and return the meter in a timely manner (2-day limit) There will be a $25/day late fee, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- To assume responsibility for any repairs due to your negligence or use, excluding ordinary wear and tear, while the equipment is in your possesion.
- To provide a refundable deposit of $50.00.